ВНИМАНИЕ!
Игроки в города!
На страницах форума
выводится по 10 сообщений.
Следите за номером в верхней строке сообщения и переходом на следующие страницы.
Иначе можно допустить ошибку 
в выборе города.
Кнопки перехода в начале и в конце страницы.

Вернуться на главную
Вы вошли как Гость · Группа "Гости" · RSS            

Внимание! 
Уважаемые посетители!
Для добавления сообщений в форумах необходимо зарегистрироваться.

Для просмотра презентаций в Firefox обновите браузер до версии 11.0 
  18.04.2024,16:04

[ Личные сообщения() · Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск ]
  • Страница 1 из 3
  • »
Модератор форума: FilippovaEV  
Странички учителей » Личные странички учителя английского языка Филипповой Елены Вольдемаровны » Сотрудничество с издательством Macmillan » Учимся писать book review on-line
Учимся писать book review on-line
FilippovaEVДата: Вторник, 03.04.2012, 15:08 | Сообщение # 1

Учимся писать book review on-line
Уважаемые дети! Не прикрепляйте Doc файлы к сообщению. Просто скопируйте ваши тексты в поле сообщения!
admin

SunshineДата: Вторник, 03.04.2012, 20:58 | Сообщение # 2

Требущук Ирина 8 класс"Б"

Елена Вольдемаровна, это прошлогодний "бук ревью" на Макмилан
Прикрепления: _7_1208__Robin_.docx (11.4 Kb) · 5331726.png (83.4 Kb)

Сообщение отредактировал Sunshine - Вторник, 03.04.2012, 20:59

SunshineДата: Вторник, 03.04.2012, 21:15 | Сообщение # 3

еще " бук ревью " за макмиллан

Pre – intermediate
“The Princess Diaries 4”
Meg Cabot

The title of the book I’ve read is “the Рrincess Diaries 4”. So I chose it because I had read “the Princess Diaries 3” by Meg Cabot before.
It is about an American Girl Mia, who is the princess of Genovia, but she lives in New York and go to school there. She has a boy friend named Michael and she is in love with him. Once she had to spend some days in Genovia, where she met Prince Rene. Grand’Mere tries to fix them up, but still Mia loves Michael. When she was back to new York he invited Mia to the first date. Grand’Mere make Mia go to the ball at the day of her first date. And Mia does, but soon she had a chance to run away from the ball. Finally she meets with her love – Michael, and they kiss.
I fall in love in this book – there is no doubt. This story taught me how to love and trust. It has justified my hopes, and I didn’t feel sorry that I read it. The part of the story is also interesting and exiting as the previous one. So I recommend it to read.

Pre – intermediate
“The Princes diaries 3”
Meg Cabot

The book I’ve read is called “The Princes diaries 3” It is written by American author Meg Cabot. So The Princess Diaries series has been made into two movies. While choosing a book to read I paid attention to the colorful and bright cover.
This book is about an American girl Mia, who was a Princess of Genovia, but she lives in New York and went to school. She decides to have a boyfriend, just because her best friend Lilly had one. So she is lucky to find one even not loving him. Her real is Michael, Lilly’s brother. And soon she has a plan how to win Michael’s heart. Mia begins to write him love notes. Once being Lilly’s guest, Mia went up to the Michael’s room and notice her cards on his desk. She was really happy that he doesn’t throw them away. It was nearly Christmas and very soon there will be a Winter Carnival. As Mia had to leave to Genovia soon, she decides to break up with Kenny. And so she did. After some time she found out that Michael was in love with her too, and they danced all night.
Summing up I enjoy reading the book, because it was very romantic and entertaining. There also were some funny episodes. On the whole the story is worth reading. No doubt, this book has justified my hopes. The book is fantastic and I recommend it to those girls who are waiting for the prince riding on the white horse.

Pre – intermediate
Heidi
Johanna Spyri

By the title we can guess who the main character is I guess that the story will be about a little girl, because of its bright and colorful cover. The author of the story is Johanna Spyri a Switzerland’s magnificent author. So the novel ‘Heidi’ is her most famous and successful book. It was published in 1880. In 1884 ‘Heidi’ was translated into English and it becomes very popular in Britain and America. As I had said the main character of this novel is a little Swiss girl – Heidi. I chose this book because my friend Sonya had advised me to read it.
Heidi goes to live with her bad – tempered grandfather named uncle Alp in his hut on the mountain. Everyone thinks that her stay will make them both unhappy. But Heidi grows to love her new life. Then her aunt Detie arrives and insists that Heidi must go to live with a family Frankfurt. Heidi and her grandfather are heartbroken. But in the end Heidi (is returned) returns to the grand and they are very pleased and happy.
It is a very beautiful novel and here the author describes the beautiful Swiss Alps, writes about the people, animals, plants and writes about the birds that live there. It is about loneliness, sadness, friendship and happiness!
On the whole the story is worth reading and I recommend you to read it.
Прикрепления: _7_1208__The_Pr.docx (11.2 Kb) · _7_1208_-The_Pr.docx (12.6 Kb) · Tpe_7_1208__Hei.docx (11.3 Kb) · _7_1208__Romeo_.docx (11.2 Kb)

SunshineДата: Вторник, 03.04.2012, 21:18 | Сообщение # 4

еще "бук Ревью"
Pre – intermediate
‘Romeo and Juliet’
William Shakespeare

The book I’ve read is ‘Romeo and Juliet’ which is a very romantic play. It was written by a magnificent English writer of all time William Shakespeare. I know that Shakespeare used many different styles of writing in his plays and Shakespeare’s plays are still performed all over the world today and pupils in schools, colleges and universities have been studying his work for many years. I’d like to say that Shakespeare’s ‘Romeo and Juliet’ was first published in 1597. Frankly speaking I chose it to read because I like fascinating love stories with elements of history.
This story takes place in the north of Italy. The Montague and Capulet families both live in the city of Verona. It is about how two young people who fall in love with each other, but then they find out that their parents are enemies. Soon Romeo and Juliet get married however they have to be far away from each other. the priest makes a mistake and Romeo thinks that Juliet is dead and decides to continue to live too. So they both commit suicide.
This play is a very tragic story, and it will hold your attention up to the end because it is a really gripping masterpiece. So I can highly recommend to read it, because this play is very romantic, breathtaking and has beautiful poetry.

Pre – intermediate
‘the lovely Lady’
David Herbert Lawrence

The story is entitled ‘the lovely Lady’, looking at the title I guess what the story is about pretty Young woman, so I was right. The story is written by an English writer David Herbert Lawrence who was one of the most important British authors of the twentieth century. He believed that people should live their lives completely. He thought that women should be free to live how they wished. He upset many people, but he also made them think about their own relationships and beliefs. Honestly, I chose this book, because, my friend Vika, had advised me to read it.
Sometimes it’s hard to understand what the author means. The story is full of magic and unexpected moments. Pauline 37 – years old lady lives with her son Robert and with niece Ciss in a beautiful house. Pauline is a good- looking, attractive and fashionable lady. Ciss envied her aunt. Ciss was in love with Robert, Pauline’s son. Robert is a hardworking guy and he is the only one who earns money in this family. He is in love with Ciss too, but he is too shy to tell her about it. One day Ciss finds Pauline talking to herself and learns a lot of magic secrets which can change all her life. And then she use her knowledge to get rid of Pauline. At first she makes her older day by day, then Pauline becomes ill and finally dies. Before Pauline dies she asks her son to marry Ciss. And so it’s happen.
As for me the story is completely disappointed and that’s why I don’t recommend it.

Pre – intermediate
‘Robinson Crusoe’
Daniel Defoe

The story is an adventurous novel with breathtaking moments. It is written by a well - known English writer Daniel Defoe. It has been translated into many languages and retold in many ways over the years, for example in films and children’s books. As I had been told that ‘Robinson Crusoe’ exiting and enjoyable to read.
Robinson Crusoe tells the story of an English man who spends twenty – eight years on an island near Venezuela in Central America. In Robinson Crusoe, Crusoe sets up plantation in Brazil and then travels to Africa to buy slaves. His ship is wrecked and he finds himself alone on a small island. The novel is about his adventures, but it is also about yourself and making mistakes. It is also shows Daniel Defoe’s strong religious beliefs.
The book’s greatest strengths are its incredible adventures and personality of the narrator. While reading the novel I sympathize with the main character as he had to go through all those obstacles.
I must confess that I enjoyed the story, that’s why I highly recommend reading this book. And it will hold your attention up to the final page. Summing up it is one of the most popular classical novel which is really worth reading.
Прикрепления: _7_1208__The_Lo.docx (13.0 Kb) · _7_1208_-Robins.docx (11.7 Kb) · -7_1208-Mo_Dais.docx (11.4 Kb)

^_^Дата: Вторник, 03.04.2012, 21:29 | Сообщение # 5

Finagina Natasha 8"b"
У меня компьютер старый сломался, а на нем было почти все.....вот то, что удалось найти:

Oscar Wilde ‘Canterville Ghost and Other Stories’

The famous Canterville Ghost haunts an old house, but the ghost becomes unhappy when the new owners play tricks on him! In the other stories, we meet Lord Arthur Savile, who has to murder someone before he can get married, and we discover the secret life of beautiful Lady Alroy.
The books greatest strength is its plot. It’s rich and detailed, providing many layers for the readers to explore. To my mind, it is so intricately constructed that it held my attention right up to the final page. The books weakness is that the book is rather long, but although, it’s truly gripping and amazing.
I highly recommend “Canterville Ghost and Other Stories”, which is a truly gripping and magnificent achievement from Oscar Wilde.
Agatha Christie ‘Murder on the Orient Express’.

A train journey from Turkey to France is delayed by thick snow. So when a passenger on the train is found murdered in his bed, it is the perfect opportunity for Agatha Christie’s famous detective, Hercule Poirot, to prove his ability and solve the crime using the power of his brain.
The books greatest strength is characterization: heroes and heroines seem larger then life but they are also deeply human. It is written in a traditional style. The books weakness is its length. The author tries to convey to us the ideas of good and evil, of greediness and envy, of the crime and the punishment. To my mind, the book is fantastic, amazing and truly gripping.
I recommend it to people who want good fun.

L. P. Hartley ‘the Go-Between’.

It is the summer of 1900 and Leo is staying with his friend Marcus. Leo likes Marcus’s beautiful older sister very much. To make her happy, he becomes a secret messenger for her and a local farmer. But then he realizes what their messages are about, and his whole life begins to change.
This book’s greatest strength is its characterization: heroes and heroines may seem larger than life but they are also deeply human. «the Go-Between» is a gripping story, because it will hold our attention right up to the final page. The book is most moving one at times, while at others it is immensely amazing.

«the Go-Between» is a truly magnificent achievement from L.P.Hartley.

Agatha Christie ‘The Mirror Cracke’d from Side to Side’.
When Miss Marple complains of feeling old and helpless, her doctor jokingly suggests that she needs a murder to solve. Then there is a death in the village. Is it murder? Did the right person die? Suddenly, Jane Marple has a new interest in life. And then there are more deaths…
This book’s greatest strength is its characterization: heroes and heroines may seem larger than life but they are also deeply human. The book is most moving one at times, while at others it is immensely amazing. «The Mirror Crack’d from Side to Side» is a gripping story, cause it will hold our attention right up to the final page.
«The Mirror Crack’d from Side to Side» is a truly magnificent achievement from Agatha Christie.[size=10][i][c]
Прикрепления: Finagina_8_Mosk.doc (32.0 Kb)

RitaДата: Вторник, 03.04.2012, 22:13 | Сообщение # 6

book revie
Прикрепления: _7__1208_Romeo_.doc (29.5 Kb) · _7__1208_The_Te.doc (32.0 Kb) · _7__1208__Shake.doc (30.0 Kb) · _7__1208__Casin.doc (29.0 Kb) · _7__1208__Daisy.doc (32.0 Kb) · _7__1208__I_Rob.doc (29.0 Kb) · _7__1208__Selec.doc (29.5 Kb) · _7__1208__The_S.doc (29.0 Kb) · _7__1208__When_.doc (31.0 Kb)

RucikДата: Вторник, 03.04.2012, 22:53 | Сообщение # 7

Three Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
I’m to reproduce “Three Adventures of Sherlock Holmes” by Arthur Conan Doyle which is the most thrilling book I’ve ever read. To tell the truth, the three stories described in this book have many things to show to today’s readers.
The main character of the book is a famous detective Sherlock Holmes. In these three stories Sherlock meets a banker who believes his son is a thief, a woman who is scared by a mysterious “speckled band” and a family that think that five orange pips are symbol of death.
All things considered the book is wonderful. It’s fascinating plot and beautifully described characters make it one of my favorite books and maybe you’ll like it too.

The Time Machine
“The Time Machine” by Herbert Wells is a fascinating story about travelling through time that will have you on the edge of your seat.
The main character of the book is the Time Traveller who has invented a time machine and has gone into the future to 802,701 where he wanted to find a better world with highly intelligent people. Instead, he finds that they have become dull and child-like creatures. I do love the story because it’s rich detailed and extremely exciting. It is also written in a simple style so it’s worth reading.
All in all, I must confess that it’s a real masterpiece and can be recommended to those people who enjoy science-fiction stories.

Shakespeare
His Life and Plays

Frankly speaking Shakespeare “His Life and Plays” is a beautifully written biography story by Will Fowler that tells us about life of the greatest drama writer-William Shakespeare.
The book narrates about William’s life from his childhood to his death. Actually, it describes all the difficulties and events and of Shakespeare’s life. Personally, I do like the story the author describes William’s life truthfully with understanding sympathy or with irony. But the book’s main disadvantage is lack of information about his plays.
No doubt, this book will appeal to those readers who can’t life without Shakespeare’s masterpieces because there’re described in detail. So try to read it I think you’ll like it very much.

Far From the Madding Crowd
“Far From the Middling Crowd” is a powerful first novel by an English writer, Thomas Hardy. It’s also a high-action drama that won’t make you regret for reading it.
The plot revolves around a young woman Bathsheba Everdene. She is extremely amazing and pretty so three men say they can’t live without her but she makes a fatal mistake by marrying the wrong one.
All in all, it’s a really instructive story that teaches us first to think and only then do.

Cinderella Man
I’m to reproduce “Cinderella Man” which is a breathtaking novel about famous boxer-Jim Braddock by Mark Cerasini. It’s so striking that can change people’s outlook forever.
The book’s storyline features a successful boxer Jim Braddock who begins to lose at the same time when American economy fails. He doesn’t know how to support his family and wants to get a second chance to return to the ring. As for me, I extremely like this book because it shows us the true strength of will. The book’s weakness is teaching us such strong moral lessons.
No doubt, the book is really captivating and is worth reading. So don’t waste time and read it. I guarantee you’ll like it.

Alexander the Great
“Alexander the Great” is a really lovely biography story about one of the most famous commanders of the world.
A boy in his early teens whose name is Alexander becomes the king of Macedonia after his father’s awful death. But the boy grows and creates the most magnificent empire which was known by all the humanity.
To put it all together, the book is worth reading because it has many advantages. Firstly, contains lots of historical facts and events. Secondly it has a rich detailed plot which will take your breath.
Прикрепления: 4905987.jpg (186.6 Kb)

Сообщение отредактировал Rucik - Вторник, 03.04.2012, 22:54

RitaДата: Вторник, 03.04.2012, 23:43 | Сообщение # 8

William Shakespeare
Romeo and Juliet

I had chosen this book because it is very interesting for me to read this classic book. Besides, this book usually begin to read at the first time young people, as me.
Romeo and Juliet is one of the most famous love stories in the world. Today, more than 4 hundred years after it was written, it is as popular as in Shakespeare’s time. Perhaps this is because the play is more than a great love story. It is also about life and death, happiness and sadness, problems between parents and children, and the terrible hate between 2 great families.The story is about 2 important families of the town, the Capulets and the Montagues. These families are great enemies. We are not told the reason for their hate – only that it is not new. They are always fighting in the streets of Verona, and this is a great problem for the Prince and the people of the town. Then Romeo, the only son of the Montagues, falls in love with Juliet, the only daughter of the Capulets. Their love ends their families’ hate – but only with their deaths.Shakespeare has given us some beautiful language in Romeo and Juliet, and also some wonderful characters. Friar Laurence, wise and kind, tries to help the lovers. Mercutio, Romeo’s friend, laughs and jokes about love. Lord Capulet, Juliet’s father, doesn’t understand his daughter. The Nurse never stops talking. Angry Tybalt is always ready for a fight, and Benvolio, Romeo’s cousin, only wants keeping peace.
It’s very sad to see how 2 young people can’t be together only because of terrible hate between their families. From my point of view the climax comes when lovers are becoming to die.
After reading this book two minutes I was in shocked. It’s so cause all was so fast that I couldn’t believe I ended this book. I find it gripping from the first to the last page.
The book doesn’t justify my waiting. I hadn’t thought that Romeo and Juliet would die. But I liked this beautiful love story.
This book can be recommended to people who want good fun. To my mind it’s book that young people should read. William Shakespeare is really good writer and his book is a real masterpiece.

Anne Bronte
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
I had chosen this book because it is a wonderful story one, which arouses my interest and curiosity.
Overshadowed by her two more famous sisters, Anne Bronte proves herself an excellent and determined writer in this feminist novel which caused a scandal when it was first released. Helen 'Graham' is a young woman who changes her identity when she flees from her alcoholic husband who's been leading a life of debauchery. Her new neighbor, Gilbert Markham, is terribly fascinated with Helen, but his amorous pursuits are in vain. That is, until, Helen gives him her diary which pours out the confessions of her previously disastrous life and gives way to hope for a new future."
One of the book’s great strengths is characterization: heroes and heroines may seem larger than life but they are also so deeply human. Despite being about a specialist study of literature, it is never boring.
The book didn’t influence my life. From my point of view this book can’t teach the reader important information. But it worth reading, for those who want to kill time.
The book doesn’t justify my waiting. Although the book is rather long, the reader finds it gripping from the first to the last page.
All this considered, the book is a real masterpiece. It can be recommended to people who want good fun. To my mind its book that young people should read. No doubt Anne Bronte is a real good author.

apelsinkaДата: Среда, 04.04.2012, 01:04 | Сообщение # 9

Судакова Таисия 8 А
Рецензии за прошлый год.

Casino Royale

I chose the book "Casino Royale" because the bright cover involved me. It was really mysterious. It goes without saying I saw the film "Casino Royale" and I wanted to read the same book.
"Casino Royale" is an action book where we can read about a new adventure of James Bond. No doubt Bond is the main character of this fascinating book. He is clever and very intelligent. Now he a new difficult mission. He must stop one man who wants to win a casino game. Do you want to know how he will do it? The answer is hidden on the pages of the book.
To my mind the book "Casino Royale" has a strong moral message: mind and cunning are one of the most important character features.
All in all I strongly recommend you to read this marvellous book. No doubt you will have a fantastic time. Don't miss any chance to read it. It will help you to plunge into the action world and become more cheerful.

“Daisy Miller”
By Henry James

I chose this book because when I was in the book store I saw it and it involved me. It names “Daisy Miller” and it has a very attractive cover. Besides I wanted to know who Daisy Miller was.
The book is about a teenager. Her name is Daisy Miller. She has very bad character features and she is a very difficult person. She lies to a man that she loves him but it isn’t true. He has love with two men and she lies to all; of them. Daisy doesn’t respect other people. At the end of the story Daisy Miller dies.
I really liked the book “Daisy Miller”. It is a novel which is written in a traditional realistic style. The book has a lot of strong points. But if you want to know them, read the book. To my mind the main characters are rather unbelievable, except Daisy Miller, but it doesn’t damage my opinion of the book.
All in all this book is certainly worth reading. You won’t lose your time while reading the book “Daisy Miller”. Don’t miss any chance to do it. The charming narration will invite you to the magic world of reading.

“The Perfect Storm”
By Sebastian Junger

I bought the book “The Perfect Storm” because of the exciting title. Besides I knew that this storm really happened in October of 1991 and I wanted to know why it happened.
This book is about a perfect storm that happens once in a hundred years. If I’m not mistaken it is the worst weather that many people have ever seen. Unfortunately in the end of the book all of the main characters die and the main ship disappears.
I enjoyed reading the book “The Perfect Storm”. It is written in realistic style and the characters are quite believable. The book has its strong and weak points. But if you want to know them, read the story. This book is full of breathtaking moments and unexpected turns that’s why it carried me away.
All in all I strongly recommend everybody to read this book. Don’t miss any chance to do it. The charming plot and exciting narration will invite you to the fascinating world of reading.

"Shake Hands For Ever"
By Ruth Rendell

I bought this book because the cover of the book involved me very much. It was like an illustration from a detective story. That's why it seemed to me that it was a detective novel, and I really like this kind of books. I thought this book had a mystery and it was so.
The book is about how inspector Wexford solves the mystery of the Angela Hathall’s murder. There is no clue for the murderer except a single fingerprint with an “L” shaped scar. Inspector believes that Robert Hathall has killed his wife Angela, but he doesn’t have so strange fingerprint. Angela’s murder has been very well-planed. So it was rather difficult for Wexford to solve the mystery of the murder.
I really liked the book “Shake Hands For Ever”. This book is full of breathtaking moments and unexpected turns that’s why it carried me away. I don’t like the part of the narration where Angela’s murder is describing. But at all the book is quite exciting. The characters aren’t very believable except inspector Wexford, but it doesn’t damage my opinion of the book. The plot also has its strong points and some disadvantages. Despite of disadvantages the book widens logical thinking. Ruth Rendell usually writes detective stories. Some of his novels he has written under the pen-name of ‘Barbara Vine’.
The book impressed me very much. After reading this book I understood that every lie will become true in the nearest future.
All in all this book is certainly worth reading. You won’t lose your time while reading “Shake Hands For Ever”. The charming plot and exciting narration will invite you to the fascinating world of reading.

apelsinkaДата: Среда, 04.04.2012, 01:07 | Сообщение # 10

Судакова Таисия 8 А

Ring of Thieves.
By Richard Prescott

I chose the book “Ring of Thieves” because the bright cover involved me. It was like an illustration from a detective story and I really like this kind of books.
James Keating had woken up in a park 25 miles from his home in Birmingham. He didn't know who he was. He didn't know how he had got there or what had happened. As he slowly starts to find the answers he realizes he is in trouble. Very bad trouble.
The book “Ring of Thieves” impressed me very much. This book is full of breathtaking moments and unexpected turns that’s why it carried me away. The story has its strong points and weakness. I really enjoy the part of the narration where James Keating starts to find the keys to the answer “Who is he?” The book is absolutely stunning because of its exciting narration. As far as I can judge the main characters aren’t very unbelievable but it doesn’t damage my opinion of the book.
To my mind the book has strong moral message. I understood that everything bad will become clear in the nearest future.
All in all this book is distinctly worth reading. Don’t miss any chance to do it. The charming plot and exciting narration will invite you to the magic and the fascinating world of reading.

“The Secret Garden”
By Frances Hodgson Burnett

I chose the book “The Secret Garden” because of the mysterious title. To my mind it’s a detective story and I am crazy about this kind of books. The cover also involved me because there was a garden with a lot of absolutely stunning flowers but there was a large door and I wanted to know why it’s there.
As I have already said I thought that it’s a detective story but it wasn’t. The story is about a little girl whose name is Mary. At the beginning of the story, Mary comes from India to live in Yorkshire in England. When Mary comes to England she doesn’t know how to be kind or polite or friendly to people. She also doesn’t know how to make friends. Her uncle with whom she lives has an extremely big house and a lot of gardens. His wife had an own garden with a lot of roses and beautiful birds but now she is dead. Mary’s uncle locked the door ten years ago and hid the key. Mary wants to come into the secret garden and one day she finds the key.
I really like the book “The Secret Garden”. The book has its strong and weak points. I enjoy friendly and faithful terms between the main characters and Colin’s kindhearted care about the animals. It’s so touching to read how Mary becomes kind and polite. But I don’t like the part where Mary has just come from India and where she is angry and lonely. The most I like the part of the narration where Mary finds the secret garden. She feels so happy and I am glad about it. The illustrations of the book are really amazing. To my mind this book is written in realistic style. Frances Hodgson Burnett wrote the secret garden in 1911, and it is probably the most famous of all her books.
As far as I can judge the story has a strong moral message. It teaches us to be polite and kind to other persons. It also teaches to trust your friends and to keep secrets.
All in all this book is distinctly worth reading. Don’t miss any chance to do it. You won’t lose your time while reading “The Secret Garden”. The charming plot and exciting narration will invite you to the fascinating world of reading.

Странички учителей » Личные странички учителя английского языка Филипповой Елены Вольдемаровны » Сотрудничество с издательством Macmillan » Учимся писать book review on-line
  • Страница 1 из 3
  • »
Поиск: